Kimono outfits are a staple in traditional Japanese fashion, and they’ve made their way into modern Western fashion with a bang! If you're looking to add a kimono to your wardrobe, or just want to know more about this versatile piece of clothing, read on. The Willow Tree gives you all the deets!
What is a Kimono?
Let's start with the basics. The kimono is a traditional Japanese garment that consists of a long, loose-fitting robe. Kimono outfits are usually made of silk or other light fabrics, and they often feature intricate patterns and designs. If you're new to kimonos, styling one may seem a little daunting at first, but don't worry! With a few simple tips and tricks, styling your kimono can be as easy as 1-2-3!
How Do I Style Kimono Outfits?
Kimonos are so versatile, they’re a favorite garment for many people! You can wear them as a casual cover-up at the beach or pool, or you can dress them up for a night out. They also come in a variety of colors and patterns, so there's sure to be one that suits your style. Here are some tips on how to style a kimono:
- Wear it as a dress. To do this, simply put on the kimono like you would any other dress. You can hold it closed by belting it at the waist, which also gives it a more fitted look!
- Wear it as a top or as a swimsuit cover-up. To create this outfit, simply put on the kimono and leave it open in the front. You can wear a tank or swimsuit underneath.
- Choose kimono outfits that flatter your figure. If you have a more hourglass-shaped figure, look for kimonos with belts or ties that cinch at the waist. This will help to accentuate your curves. If you have a straight figure, look for kimonos that are loose and flowy to add volume and create visual interest.
- Pair your kimono with the right bottoms. Depending on the occasion, you can pair your kimono with jeans, shorts, skirts, or even trousers. If you're going for a more casual look, jeans are always a good choice. For a night out, try pairing your kimono with a sexy pair of leather leggings.
- Wrap it around your waist as a skirt. You can dress it up with heels and jewelry for a night out.
Take Your Kimono Out on the Town
These are just a few ideas on how to style a kimono, but there are endless possibilities when it comes to experimenting. Whether you're dressing up for a night out on the town or just hanging around on a lazy weekend, kimonos are easy to style and look great no matter what. The key is to have fun with it and stay comfortable until you find what works best for you. After all, it’s all about expressing your personal style! Thanks for reading, and enjoy trying out different kimono outfits from The Willow Tree Boutique!